Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Rise of Casual Gaming (at my house)

As my daughter Kimberly gets older, she's become increasingly interested in video games. She's become quite proficient as well, actually, and she recently completed the first six stages (Episode 1) of Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. For that reason, I've recently found myself buying more and more casual games. In just the last month, I've bought and completed Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and Ratatouille, and before that I beat the aforementioned Star Wars game, along with Cars. All of these purchases have been for the Xbox 360, and since my daughter sometimes prefers to just watch me play, I figure I might as well get some achievement points out of them!

Now though, she's become more engaged in gaming, doing better and better at Super Mario 3, and actually knowing when to use the Force and switch characters to progress in the Lego games. I'm pretty impressed by her talents, and we've been really able to bond over our gaming sessions. Heck, I'm even looking at the Wii library in a new light! Just so long as I don't have to play any Bratz games. Seriously, I hate those things...

No comments: