Thursday, July 24, 2008

So Long, Wii...

Growing up on a hefty diet of everything Sega, I was never really partial to a Nintendo console. I loved the NES and every iteration of the Game Boy, but the feeling was just never "there" for me for the other consoles. Still, I tried to give it another shot by buying a Wii off a friend of mine a little over a year ago. I figured this would be the console that would make me a big Nintendo fan again.

It didn't, and now, it's up for sale.

I don't know what else to do with the darn thing. I have seven games in my collection, including most of the requirements like Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy, and I even have few third party games like Zak & Wiki and Ghost Squad. Still, I take a look at the list of upcoming titles, and there is nothing that interests me at all. Compared with the laundry list of Xbox 360 and PS3 titles that are on my "to buy" list for the remainder of 2008, there really is no reason for me to own a Wii right now.

I've actually been thinking of selling it off for about four months now. My justification for holding out has been along the lines of "I already have it, so I don't have to look for one later on. It's not hurting anyone under my TV," but thinking hard about it, I doubt I'll even bother looking for one at all later on. The Wii doesn't cater to my tastes, and that's unfortunate for me. Nintendo's too busy making money to care, and I understand that it needs to do what's best for it's bottom line. All companies do, and my defection won't hurt them at all in the long run.

The thing is, I don't care at all about Nintendo's bottom line. Unlike it, I care about being entertained, something the Wii is not doing. So rather than let it sit there and collect dust, I'm selling it to buy a Playstation 3. This is what's up for grabs:

Wii console with box and everything, Wii Sports with a custom Wii case. It has the following in memory:
  • Internet channel
  • Weather channel (Lol)
  • News channel (Lol x2)
  • Check Mii Out channel
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Bonk's Adventure
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Soldier Blade
  • Super Mario 64
  • 200 Wii points
I also have these games for sale:

  • Ghost Squad
  • Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Link's Crossbow Training with Zapper (with custom Wii case)
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Zak & Wiki
Anyone interested can simply comment here, check my sales thread over at Sega-16, or email me at ken@sega-16.com.

So long Wii.

No comments: